- This event has passed.
Licensing Exam Session
December 12, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
The Clear Lake ARC test session for December 12th is on.
The new location is:
Hometown Heroes Park located at 1001 E League City Parkway, League City, TX 77573.
League City Parkway is also known as State Highway 96.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please pre-register for an FCC Registration Number (FRN). The fee ($15) is payable either via a check payable to the ARRL/VEC or by cash.
Please wear a mask when out of the car, and you will be filling out the paperwork and taking the test inside your vehicle.
Plan to arrive at 9:00AM for registration and credential check. Test begins at 9:30AM.
The exam location is the Gilruth Center on the Johnson Space Center. It is located on the east side of JSC off of Space Center Blvd. at Gate 5. No special passes or ID’s are required to access this gate. It is open to the public.
Remember to Bring:
1. A valid ID (like your driver’s license) or two other forms of ID. If you do not have a photo ID then bring copies of your other ID documents s we must include them with your test materials.
2. Two sharpened pencils (because if you only have one, it will break) and one pen.
3. A calculator (optional). Keep it simple because if it’s more than a calculator (Like PDA and cell phone) or it can be programmed, it will NOT be permitted.
4. If you are upgrading, you need to bring the original and a copy of your current Amateur Radio license.
5. If you have a valid (not more than 365 days old) CSCEs for test you’ve already passed. But, you do not have credit yet. Bring the original CSCE and a copy.
6. Examination fee – $15.00. Cash or checks should be made out to “ARRL/VEC”.
7. If you are doing a “grandfather” upgrade, please see Frequently Asked Questions About Amateur Radio Restructuring for more information.
No registration is required. Walk-Ins are welcome.
We are generally on the second floor of the Gilruth.
There continues to be some confusion about the elements that you have credit for, when you upgrade. The elimination of the CW requirement for General and Extra licenses has eliminated much of it. But, these two special cases still exist.
1. If you have a novice license, you have no credit for the current exam elements. You can upgrade to the Technician license by taking the Technician test (element 2). You can upgrade to the General license by taking both Technician and General (elements 2 and 3) license tests.
2. If you have an Advanced license, then you have credit for elements 2 and 3. You still to take the tougher Extra exam (element 4) to upgrade.