From JSCARC Constitution:
2.1 The club shall have five classes of members. The designation of such classes and the qualifications and rights of the members of such classes are as follows:
Regular Membership (see 2.1.1)
A Regular Member is a person who holds a valid FCC Amateur Radio operator’s license and is:
- employed by the Federal Government and assigned to JSC,
- employed by a NASA contractor, is NASA-badged, and is performing work on a NASA contract in the Houston area,
- was previously a Regular Member and who is now either retired from or is otherwise not currently employed by the Federal Government or a NASA contractor.
Family Membership (see 2.1.2)
A person in a Regular Member’s immediate household, including a spouse or significant other, and children less than 25 years of age. A person in a Regular Member’s immediate household who is otherwise qualified as a Regular Member may join the Club as a Regular Member or may elect to be registered as a Family Member. Family Members are not required to hold a valid FCC Amateur Radio operator’s license. A Regular Member may register an unrestricted number of family members, subject to the definition of a Family Member. A Regular Member plus all registered Family Members form a group, and as such will enjoy only a single vote in all Club matters. Family Members shall not hold any elected Officer position.
Student Membership (see 2.1.3)
A person who is a Pathways or Educational Student Intern as JSC. Student Members are not required to hold a valid FCC Amateur Radio operator’s license. Student members are not allowed to vote on any matter presented to the Club. Student Members shall not hold any elected Officer position.
Supporting Membership (see 2.1.4)
A person or business who wishes to support the JSCARC is some fashion, but who is not normally a participant in Club activities. By pre-arrangement, Supporting Members may access Club facilities and activities not requiring JSC site access and shall be accompanied by a Regular Member during such access.
Associate Membership (see 2.1.5)
Current Associate members will be allowed to remain under grandfathering. If a grandfathered Associate member terminates their membership, they will not be re-accepted as a member.
Special Exception Membership (see 2.1.6)
A Special Exception Member is a person who holds a valid FCC Amateur Radio operator’s license and is an individual that has special capabilities that directly aligns with the club’s purpose.
- Must be reviewed by the executive board members for consideration into the club’s membership.
- Special Exception Members (who are not NASA badged) may engage in any Club activities not requiring JSC site access.
- Special Exception Members are not allowed to vote on any matter presented to the Club.
- Special Exception Members shall not hold any elected Officer position.
- Special Exception Members shall pay an annual membership.
Annual dues of $20 are due on or before September 30th.
After downloading and completing the Membership Application:
- Print and deliver the application and your dues to the Club Secretary via USPS mail or in-person; or
- E-mail the application as an attachment to w5rrr ([at]) w5rrr.org and pay via PayPal.
- Use the Friends/Family option
- Please note your callsign + Membership Dues in the comments (e.g. W5RRR Membership Dues).