When and Where is Field Day?
June 23rd and 24th, 2018 at the Gilruth Center (2101 E NASA Pkwy – off of Space Center Blvd).
Field Day Crew Signup
Signup to set up, operate/log, or tear down.
• Operations in conjunction with Clear Lake Amateur Radio Club. Primary ops under W5RRR; GOTA under K5HOU.
• Everyone is welcome to come at any times. We’ll work you into the operator rotation.
• Each station (except digital stations) will have two persons: operator and logger (using N3FJP/N1MM software).
• Stations will be asked to temporarily stand down for: special guests (public, scouts, new operators, etc.), generator refueling, and weather delays.
Friday: June 22nd
• Set up (starts at 5pm)
Saturday: June 23rd
• Set up (starts at 8am)
• Operating at Shack/Bluebonnet Pavilion/Live Oak Pavilion (starts at 1pm)
Sunday: June 24th
• Operating at Shack/Bluebonnet Pavilion/Live Oak Pavilion (ends at 1pm)
• Tear down (starts at 1pm)
• Face-to-Face: TBA
• W5RRR Field Day Script Tutorial (updated for 2018)
2018 Field Day Plan