Plans are underway to fix our tower and antennas before the end of 2018. This is an aggressive plan, especially since treasury funds are limited. All members are seeking online and swapfest opportunities as they might show.
Here’s the current plan:
- Repair Tower #1 (80′ Rohn 45G) – COMPLETED
Replace and refurbish tower sections as required Replace Ham II rotor with refurbished unit Replace 20m and 15m mono band antennas with TH-7DX and D40 Replace all coax and rotor cable Replace thrust bearing
With excellent planning and team work, on September 22nd, 2017, this incredible task was completed!
- Install Tower #2 (60′ Rohn)
- Resurrect either on existing pad or pour new one.
- Potential antenna candidates:
- TBD – HF & VHF/UHF beams
- Assemble two new operating consoles – COMPLETED
- Reconfigure antenna console
- Rearrange shack for new flooring – COMPLETED
Replace carpet with tile